- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
‘You Should Play For Arsenal’ – Attacker Told He Can Join Gunners
Outspoken Montpellier president Louis Nicollin has told attacker Remy Cabella he should join a team like Arsenal instead of long-term admirers Newcastle United.
Cabella has attracted interest from throughout Europe after enjoying an excellent season with Montpellier in Ligue 1, scoring 10 goals and providing 5 assists in 25 appearances so far.
Newcastle were strongly linked with the 23-year-old in January and are expected to renew their interest this summer, while Arsene Wenger is also understood to be among those managers keeping a close eye on the players progress.
While Nicollin has confirmed he won’t stand in the players way if he wants to leave, he’s told the attacking midfielder to join a big club like Arsenal, Chelsea, Man Utd, Man City, PSG or Monaco ahead of a move to St James’ Park.
“Newcastle? They’re good, aren’t they?”
“Don’t make me laugh. In England, you should play at Arsenal or Chelsea or either of the Manchester teams at a push.
“We promised to let him leave. But I’ll advise him not to leave for just anywhere.”
“I wouldn’t prevent him from leaving but he’s not made for that. He must find a good French club [like] Monaco or PSG.
“Remember all the big players. First of all, they left their team, they went to a bigger French club and then they left [France] and had their career.
“Remy should do the same.” [Source: Daily Star]
So, Nicollin is clearly not a fan of the Magpies. It’s little wonder when you consider the fact that the last player he sold to Newcastle was highly-rated defender Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa 12 months ago, but the France international has failed to settle and has spent much of his time on the bench. Nicollin added:
“For my dear Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa, Newcastle is not paradise.”
Cabella is certainly a huge talent but I’m not convinced we’ll make any serious move for him this summer. While Nicollin is obviously keen for the player to join a club like Arsenal, Arsene Wenger seems to have other targets in mind, such as Julian Draxler or Antoine Griezmann.
Do you rate Cabella? Would you buy him this summer?