- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
TEAM NEWS: Wenger On Vermaelen, Ozil, Monreal + Gibbs
Arsenal face a tough trip to the Britannia Stadium on Saturday afternoon to take on Stoke City.
Arsene Wenger has been speaking at his pre-match press conference this morning and has given reporters the latest team and injury news ahead of the game.
The good news is that Mesut Ozil will be in the squad after missing last weekend’s win over Sunderland with a minor leg injury which he suffered against Bayern Munich.
Defender Thomas Vermaelen is also back in the squad after recovering from a calf injury. The Belgian was initially out with a knee problem which he suffered against Spurs back in early January but he then picked up a calf injury in training which kept him out for a further three weeks.
But he’s now in contention against Stoke and his return could be a timely one with Arsene revealing that there are doubts over the fitness of Nacho Monreal and Kieran Gibbs.
Monreal was forced off against Sunderland with a foot injury while Gibbs missed that match with a buttock problem, so if the duo are ruled out, Vermaelen may have to fill in at left-back.
Aaron Ramsey and Theo Walcott are of course still out, so they join Kim Kallstrom and Abou Diaby on the sidelines.
— Arsenal FC (@Arsenal) February 27, 2014