- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Arsenal Make ‘Take It Or Leave It’ £24.7m Bid For Attacker
Arsenal have made a ‘take it or leave it’ £24.7m bid to Schalke for attacking midfielder Julian Draxler, according to reports today.
Our pursuit of the 20-year-old has become something of a saga over this past week or so with various reports flying about contradicting each other.
It all kicked off last Friday night when Jan Aage Fjortoft – a respected German-based agent and pundit – claimed on Twitter that a fee had been agreed between the two clubs.
This was soon dismissed by Schalke who claimed we hadn’t even been in touch regarding the youngster, but I think it’s safe to say that we know that’s not the case. However, newspapers continued to report that we were in talks, or were close to agreeing a deal, or Draxler definitely wasn’t leaving this month, etc.
Now the Daily Star are claiming today that we’ve made a final bid of £24.7m for the player, with the offer also including various add ons.
With Schalke still in the Champions League and pushing for a top four finish again this season, it’s unlikely that kind of money will persuade them to sell this month – particularly when you consider his buy-out clause is £37m.
Who knows how accurate the Star’s report is or how close we are to agreeing any kind of deal for Draxler but I think last night’s display highlighted the need for new blood, so I hope we can get some business done before Friday’s deadline.
Will Wenger sign anyone this month?