- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
Reports: Arsenal Lodge Formal £12m Bid For French Forward
Another day and another player linked with a move to Arsenal. Today, Arsene Wenger has apparently tabled a formal £12m offer to Real Sociedad for attacker Antoine Griezmann, according to reports.
Arsene Wenger hinting at his press conference on Friday that he intends to bring in another forward this month after Theo Walcott was ruled out for the rest of the season, and we’re being linked with wingers/strikers left, right and center.
After drawing up a list of targets, the Metro claim that we have now made our move for highly-rated attacker Griezmann and tabled an official £12m offer on Friday.
However, it seems we’re going to have to dig a little deeper if we want to sign the 22-year-old as the newspaper says that Sociedad are demanding nearer £24m for their star man.
I’m a huge fan of Griezmann’s and think he’d be an excellent addition. He can play out wide or even through the middle, so would be a perfect replacement for Walcott. The French international has been in excellent form so far this season, scoring 12 goals in 16 games, so he also has the potential to replace Theo’s goal threat if he was to join.
But I’m not convinced Wenger will pay upward of £20m for him. He’d be cup-tied in the Champions League and isn’t proven in the Premiership, so I’m not sure the boss will pay the sort of money Sociedad want to sign him in January.
In my opinion, Wenger is more likely to try and bring in a short-term solution this month and save his money for the summer when he can go and bring in a Diego Costa or Mario Mandzukic, but I’d be delighted if I was wrong and we signed Griezmann as he’d be a superb signing.
Do you rate Griezmann? Who do you want the club to sign?