- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
REPORTS: Arsenal Make Move For Italian Forward
Arsenal have make an enquiry about taking out-of-favour Juventus attacker Sebastian Giovinco on loan for the rest of the season, according to reports today.
Arsene Wenger has hinted that he may be forced into the transfer market following injuries to Nicklas Bendtner and Theo Walcott and we’ve been linked with a number of forward’s in recent days.
The latest name to be thrown into the hat is Giovinco – who has previously been linked with a move to the Emirates – with the Metro citing reports coming out of Italy that suggest we’ve asked to take the player on loan for the rest of the season.
The 26-year-old was tipped for big things in Serie A but injuries have hampered his progress and he’s been restricted to just two starts for Juventus this season, and it seems we’re prepared to offer him the chance to resurrect his career in the Premier League.
READ: Latest Arsenal Team News
It remains to be seem how Juve will respond, but the diminutive attacker – who stands at just 5’5″ – could be open to the chance to get more regular action ahead of the World Cup next summer, so a loan deal could suit all parties.
Giovinco is a versatile forward who can play anywhere across the attacking third of the pitch, so would give Wenger plenty of options if he did end up making the move to north London.