- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
Reports: Arsenal Set To Sign Striker After Agreeing €8m Deal
Arsenal are set to sign Belgian starlet Michy Batshuayi in an €8m (£6.5m) deal and immediately loan him to Anderlecht for the rest of the season, according to reports.
Batshuayi has been enjoying an excellent season in Belgium with Standard Liege and scouts from Arsenal were understood to have been in the stands to watch him score his 15th of the season against Anderlecht on Sunday.
It’s not the first time Arsene Wenger has sent his spies to keep an eye on the 20-year-old this season and it seems the boss has now firmed up him interest in the exciting striker.
Reports in Belgium are reporting that a Premier League club – believed to be Arsenal – have now agreed an €8m (£6.5m) deal with Liege and will immediately send the youngster on loan to Anderlecht for the rest of the campaign.
It’s curious why Liege would agree the deal knowing that we would then be sending the striker on loan to one of their domestic rivals, but it seems that’s what’s going to happen with the deal apparently going to be announced when the transfer window re-opens next month.
While fans are crying out for a world class striker to come in and help us lift the title this season, it appears we’re investing in the future with the signing of Batshuayi. Hopefully he won’t be the only striker we sign in January.