- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
Huge Boost As Sagna Passed FIT For Man City Clash
Arsenal have been handed a huge injury boost with reports this afternoon claiming that Bacary Sagna passed a late fitness test and is in the squad to face Manchester City tomorrow.
Sagna has missed the last three games with a hamstring injury and Arsene Wenger confirmed at his press conference this morning that the Frenchman would have a late fitness test before his availability for tomorrow’s big clash would be known.
“The main doubt we have is about Sagna, who will have a test [on Friday] and after that I will make the decision about whether I take him with us or not.” Wenger said today.
However, Goal claim that Sagna has passed that test and will travel with the rest of the squad that catches a train to Manchester from Watford this evening.
If accurate, it will be a HUGE boost for us as we head to the Etihad for our top-of-the-table clash. Carl Jenkinson didn’t look comfortable on Wednesday night against Napoli and I’d fear for him against the likes of Nasri, Silva and Aguero on Saturday.
Having Sagna back would make us a much stronger unit and I also think it may see Theo Walcott given his first start in two months. I’m not convinced Arsene would play Theo ahead of Jenks in this game but Sagna is a more solid full-back which compensates for Walcott’s lack of defensive instincts.