- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
Gibbs Gets Deserved England Call-Up But Injured Wilshere Also Included
Roy Hodgson has named Arsenal duo Jack Wilshere and Kieran Gibbs in his latest England squad for upcoming friendlies against Chile and Germany.
Gibbs has been rewarded for his excellent form this season with a deserved call-up. He’s unfortunate to be up against Leighton Baines and Ashley Cole in his position, but there’s little doubt he’s on par with the duo if you go by recent form.
Whether he’ll be able to oust them and secure a regular first team berth remains to be seen but it’s good to see he’s being recognised by his country for his consistency.
Wilshere’s inclusion could be a slight worry as he’s struggling to overcome an ankle injury and the last thing we need is him aggravating it while away with England for some meaningless friendlies.
Hodgson and Wenger get on well so hopefully the boss has a word with him and ensures no risks are taken with Jack’s fitness. If he doesn’t play against United on Sunday I doubt we’ll see him feature for his country.
Theo Walcott isn’t included despite rumours he’s close to full fitness and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain is still some way off returning from a knee injury.
If your interested, you can see the full England squad here.