- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
- Team News: Arsene Wenger offers update on Ramsey & Giroud
- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
Wenger Refusing To Sign New Deal Until Champions League Fate Is Sealed
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is refusing to sign his new contract until our fate in this years Champions League is determined, according to the Daily Mail.
Wenger is in the final year of his current deal at the Emirates and has hinted he’ll sign an extension if the team shows it’s making progress on the field this season.
With us sitting five points clear at the top of the league, I’m sure many would agree that we’ve made substantial progress in recent months, so a new contract for the boss seems a formality.
However, the Mail claim the 64-year-old is going to make us sweat and will refuse to even open discussions over a new contract until after the group stages of the Champions League are over.
We currently sit joint top of Group F on six points with Napoli and Borussia Dortmund ahead of Wednesday’s crucial clash with the Germans, so qualification to the knockout stages is still very-much in the balance.
Will Arsene have second thoughts about signing an extension if we fail to qualify for the next phase for the first time in his tenure? Let’s hope we don’t find out…
The clubs hierarchy remain confident the Frenchman will pen a new £7.5m-a-year contract but it seems we’re going to be made to wait a little longer before things are resolved.
Do you think Wenger will sign a new deal? Do you want him to?!