- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Transfer News: £34m Winger Bid Being Reported
Some interesting transfer news to bring you today with big-spending French side Monaco apparently lining-up a £34m January bid for Theo Walcott, according to reports.
Walcott enjoyed his most prolific season in front of goal last year, scoring 21 and setting up a further 14 in 43 appearances to help us secure that all-important fourth spot ahead of Tottenham.
It seems that form hasn’t gone unnoticed across the channel with the Daily Mail reporting today that Monaco are ready to table a £34m bid for the 24-year-old when the transfer window re-opens in January.
Monaco have been spending money like it’s going out of fashion in recent years and signed the likes of Radamel Falcao and Joao Moutinho in the summer, so they are certainly an ambitious outfit.
However, any potential move for Theo is highly unlikely as he signed a new deal in January and is settled at the club and in London, where he lives with his new wife. Plus Arsene Wenger is never going to entertain any offers for him right now, so I think we’ll give them a straight-forward ‘NO’ if they do come calling.
Walcott has been on the sidelines for the last six weeks after undergoing surgery on an abdominal injury he suffered before the Stoke City match in September.
Arsene Wenger confirmed this morning at his pre-match press conference ahead of tomorrow’s clash with Liverpool that the winger could return to face Manchester United next weekend.
Would you sell Walcott for £34m?