- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
‘Arsenal Not Suarez’s Dream Move, He’s Waiting For Madrid’ Claims Cavani
Edinson Cavani has claimed it was not Luis Suarez’s dream to sign for Arsenal and the striker is waiting to seal switch to Real Madrid.
As I’m sure most will remember, we spent the majority of the summer chasing Suarez and had two bids turned down by Liverpool, the last being for £40,000,001, while Real Madrid were also believed to be interested.
But Brendan Rodgers stood firm and forced Suarez to remain at Anfield, despite the striker going public with his desire to leave, and he returned to Premier League action with a brace against Sunderland last weekend.
Some newspapers have been reporting that the Uruguayan remains keen on leaving Liverpool in January, prompting speculation that Arsene Wenger may renew his interest and make another attempt to lure him to the Emirates.
However, according to Suarez’s international colleague, Edinson Cavani, we would be wasting our time as he claims the former Ajax man has little interest in joining us because he has his heart set on a move to Real Madrid.
Cavani is quoted as saying in the Daily Mail:
‘It is no surprise to me at all that Luis has come back for Liverpool and is scoring goals right away.
‘He is the most complete striker in England – and one of the most complete strikers in the world. Ability and confidence is no issue for him, he will score a lot of goals this season I am sure.
‘I am sure Liverpool fans are very happy Luis stayed – he will be a big player for them. I think Arsenal was not Luis’s dream move, maybe if it had been Real Madrid then it would have been a different outcome – but of course Madrid were concentrating on a different target this summer.
‘It is his dream club – and a club he thinks is worth waiting for.’
I said all summer that Suarez wasn’t that fussed about joining Arsenal in particular, he just wanted to join a decent club who are in the Champions League, and it’s no surprise to hear his ‘dream’ move would be Madrid.
The thing is, these days players very rarely move to their ‘dream’ clubs. Was Arsenal Mesut Ozil’s ‘dream’ move. Probably not. Do we care? Not one bit. So while Suarez may not have really wanted a move to Arsenal in the summer, I would have been delighted had he joined. And the same goes for any other world class player out there!