- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
- Team News: Arsene Wenger offers update on Ramsey & Giroud
- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
Arsenal Confirm Signing Of Nigerian Defender
The 19-year-old centre-back came through the youth ranks at Charlton Atheltic before being released at the end of last season.
After a brief spell with Norwich in pre-season, he was handed a trial by Arsenal in the summer and following two excellent display’s for the Under-21′s the player confirmed on Twitter last week that he had signed a two-year deal at the Emirates.
Delighted to announce that I have officially signed for @Arsenal FC. Can't wait to see what the next two seasons here have in store for me.
— Semi Ajayi (@S_Ajayi5) September 17, 2013
I’m not sure why it’s taken Arsenal so long to confirm the deal, but they finally officially announced it yesterday on the clubs website.
“Semi Ajayi has joined the Arsenal Academy after impressing as a trialist with the Club.” A statement on Arsenal.com read
Ajayi scored on his debut for the Under-21′s in a 3-0 win over Blackburn before helping them to another clean sheet in a 1-0 win over West Brom, and it seems his impressive form persuaded the club to bring him on board on a permanent basis.
He’s already represented Nigeria at youth level but is still eligible to play for England as he was born in Crayford and is believed to be a boyhood Gooner who’s hero is Tony Adams.
Welcome to Arsenal Semi, hopefully you can become even half the player ‘Mr Arsenal’ was.