- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
- Team News: Arsene Wenger offers update on Ramsey & Giroud
- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
- 6 Arsenal players named in the Champions League Team of the Week
- [Tweets] Ozil, Ox & more: Arsenal players celebrate after CL win
- [Video] Mesut Ozil arrives home with his hat-trick match ball
Wenger: “No Chance Of Signing Luis Suarez”
After weeks of speculation and failed bids, Arsene Wenger has finally admitted defeat in his chase for Liverpool’s Luis Suarez.
Our interest in the controversial Uruguayan has been widely publicised this summer with Liverpool publicly slamming us for tabling a bid of £40,000,001 after we were led to believe that any offer over £40m would trigger a buy-out clause in the strikers contract.
Suarez has made no secret of his desire to leave Anfield in search of Champions League football – something we can almost certainly offer him next season after last nights 3-0 away win over Fenerbache – but Brendan Rodgers remained adamant the striker was going nowhere this summer.
Things have gone quiet on Suarez front in recent days and some Arsenal fans held faint hope that we were gearing up for one last move, but speaking last night the boss confirmed the deal is dead, saying we have no chance of signing Suarez.
He told the clubs official website:
on if the Luis Suarez transfer is dead…
Yes. Absolutely no chance of that.
So our search for a world class striker continues and interesting reports this morning are linking us with a move for Karim Benzema. Not sure that pursuit will be any more successful than the Suarez one, but we’ll wait and see….
What striker would you like us to sign?