- Arsenal team news: double blow ahead of Sunderland + Ramsey update
- Duo to miss key game: My 4-2-3-1 Arsenal line-up v Sunderland
- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
Arsenal Injury Blow As Trio Could Miss Start Of Season
Arsenal could be without the services of Theo Walcott, Aaron Ramsey and Yaya Sanogo for this weekends Premier League season opener against Aston Villa.
Walcott limped out of England training on Monday with a knock and was unable to complete the session making him a doubt not only to face Scotland on Wednesday but also for our clash with Villa at the Emirates on Saturday afternoon.
England boss Roy Hodgson was optimistic about Theo’s injury and felt he still had a chance of playing this week, but I hope he doesn’t take an unnecessary risks by playing him against the Tartan Army. Losing Walcott against Villa would be a huge blow as he’s been in excellent form this pre-season so fingers crossed it’s nothing serious.
Arguably our best player during pre-season has been Aaron Ramsey but unfortunately he too has picked up an injury and has been sent home from his duty with Wales. It’s thought Rambo picked up an ankle injury against Man City on Saturday and aggravated the problem during training on Monday so was immediately sent back to Arsenal to be assessed.
It would be a real shame if Ramsey was sidelined before the season had even begun. He’s been superb in pre-season and fully deserved to start against the Villains so let’s hope it was just a precautionary measure to pull him from the Wales squad.
And finally, our ‘big’ summer signing Yaya Sanogo is set to miss the start of the season with a hamstring injury. The Frenchman didn’t make the trip to Finland to face City at the weekend because of the problem and he’s since pulled out of France’s Under-21 squad.
The injury is being assessed but hamstring’s are usually a minimum of three weeks so he’s unlikely to face Villa if he has in fact damaged his muscle. It will be a nightmare start to his Gunners career for the youngster, who has seen his career so far plagued by a series of injuries.
So with the season about to kick off the injuries are slowly starting to pile up and the Arsenal squad is looking paper thin. We’re a couple of serious injuries away from disaster so the sooner the club get their fingers out and bring in some fresh blood, the better.