- Arsenal team news: double blow ahead of Sunderland + Ramsey update
- Duo to miss key game: My 4-2-3-1 Arsenal line-up v Sunderland
- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
VIDEO: Individual Highlights Of ‘New Signing’ Sebastian Perez vs Man City
Saturday’s impressive 3-1 win over Manchester City should be a morale-boosting victory as we gear up for the big Premier League opener against Aston Villa this weekend.
Not only did the likes of Aaron Ramsey and Theo Walcott continue their excellent pre-season form, the game also saw young trialist Sebastian Perez make his ‘debut’. The Colombian came on in the 67th minute and settled in quite nicely, showing composure on the ball and kept things simple.
His major contribution saw him booked for scything down Jesus Navas but it was an interesting move by Wenger to give him some game-time. I’ve read rumours online suggesting that the boss has offered to make his trial permanent but this is yet to be confirmed.
If he does move he’s highly unlikely to make an impression on the first team next year as he’ll most certainly have work permit issues, so I’d expect a loan abroad.
Here are some short highlights of his performance versus City: