- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
Higuain Stalls On Napoli Move As Striker Waits For Arsenal
According to reports today, Gonzalo Higuain is stalling on his proposed move to Napoli as he wants to give Arsenal time to come back in for him.
Reports in Italy over the weekend claimed that Napoli had agreed a £30m deal with Real Madrid and the striker was all set to hold talks with the Serie A outfit over a move to Italy.
However, the Mirror claim that the 25-year-old has now asked for 48 hours to mull over the move as he would still prefer to join Arsenal and hopes we’ll renew our interest after coming close to securing his services earlier in the month.
It’s understood we had agreed a £24m deal in principal with Madrid and personal terms had been agreed with the player, but the Spaniard’s suddenly upped the asking price at the last minute, demanding over £30m for the Argentinean hitman.
Understandably, Arsene Wenger pulled out of the deal and turned his attention to Liverpool’s Luis Suarez, but if Higuain ends up moving to Napoli the likelihood is Madrid will then use the money to go for Suarez and we may end up missing out on both players.
I’ve said all along that I don’t think the Suarez move will happen. We’re the last club Liverpool would want to sell to if they have any top-four aspirations next season and the player has already said Madrid would be his first choice destination.
So if we sit back and let Higuain join Napoli, I fear it’s going to end in tears and we’ll see Suarez make the move to Spain leaving us in the cold.
If we fail to bring in a big-name striker this summer the club are going to come under some serious scrutiny from the fans, so it looks like it’s going to be a key week in the transfer window.
Check out more Arsenal Transfer News
Do you think we should renew our interest in Higuain? Or pin all our hopes on Suarez?