- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
- Team News: Arsene Wenger offers update on Ramsey & Giroud
- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
Arsenal Linked With Sensational Swoop For Chelsea’s Juan Mata
According to reports today, Arsenal are interested in signing Chelsea attacker Juan Mata this summer and have asked to be kept informed of any developments over his availability.
The Spaniard’s future has surprisingly come under question following the arrival of Jose Mourinho at Stamford Bridge and reports last week suggested Chelsea had tried to offer Mata as a make-weight in their bid to sign Wayne Rooney from Manchester United.
The Blues dismissed this are pure speculation and insisted they had offered a straight cash bid but the rumours of Mata possibly being out-of-favour under Mourinho refuse to go away.
The Daily Mail are reporting that Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is interested in signing the Spanish international this summer and has asked to be kept informed of any developments over his future. Should it become clear the 25-year-old is available, then the newspaper claims Wenger will launch an audacious bid to try and lure him to the Emirates.
I’d usually dismiss this kind of report immediately but I think it’s clear we’re trying to sign at least one big name this summer and let’s not forget we were extremely close to signing Mata back in 2011, so Wenger is obviously a fan.
Mata was arguably Chelsea’s best player last season, scoring 11 goals and providing 13 assists, so it’s mid-boggling to think that Mourinho doesn’t see him as an important first team player.
Whether there is any substance in the rumours suggesting Chelsea might be prepared to cash in on Mata remains to be seen, but I certainly hope we’ll be at the front of the queue if they do, for some reason, decide to sell.
Check out more Arsenal Transfer News
Do you believe the rumours suggesting Mourinho would sell Mata? Would you want him at Arsenal?