- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
Report – Wenger To Use £25m Buy-Back Clause To Re-Sign Fabregas
Could Cesc Fabregas really be coming ‘home’?! Well according to the Daily Mail, Arsene Wenger is ready to exercise a £25m buy-back clause to re-sign the midfielder this summer.
Fabregas is currently away on holiday after his Confederations Cup exploits with Spain and the newspaper claim he’s considering his future after a frustrating season with Barcelona that’s seen him often being used as a striker by Tito Vilanova while he’s regularly left on the bench for key games.
With the 2014 World Cup coming up next summer, this is a big season for the midfielder and if has any hopes of forcing his way into the Spanish midfield he needs to be playing in his best position week-in, week-out. Something he’s not getting at the Nou Camp, and apparently this has left him in two minds over whether to remain with the La Liga champions.
Wenger has asked to be kept up-to-date on his situation and should he decide to leave, or indeed if Barcelona decide to sell, the Mail claim Arsenal will be at the head of the queue due to a £25m buy-back clause that was inserted into his contract when we sold him back to Barca in 2011.
I was aware we had first refusal on him, but I must admit I didn’t know we could buy him back for a fixed fee of £25m. That would certainly be an excellent piece of business if we could re-sign Fabregas for that amount this summer.
While you can argue that he’s won trophies, I think it’s safe to say his return to Barcelona hasn’t gone according to plan. As many predicted, he’s struggled to establish himself as a key first team player in Spain and he hasn’t looked like the Fabregas we all grew to love.
At 26, he’s now at the peak of his career and he should be playing every week, not being used as a make-shift centre-forward when Barca decide to give Messi a rest. So let’s put him out his ‘misery’ and bring him back to his real ‘home’.
Let’s get the Arsenal players saying he has ‘Arsenal DNA’ and all that rubbish. Do it Arsene, get in his head and let’s bring Cesc home!!!
Check out more Arsenal Transfer News
Would you like to see Fabregas return to Arsenal? Would you welcome him back after the way he left?