- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
- Team News: Arsene Wenger offers update on Ramsey & Giroud
- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
Brazilian Wants Arsenal Move, Wenger Ready To Submit Formal Offer
According to reports today, Queens Park Rangers goalkeeper Julio Cesar is keen on making a move to Arsenal this summer and boss Arsene Wenger is finally ready to make a formal bid.
We’ve been linked with a move for the experienced stopper for weeks and talks were understood to have been held before he went off to represent Brazil at the Confederations Cup.
But after helping his nation lift the trophy, talks are understood to have resumed and Wenger is now ready to table a £1.5m offer. Hopefully that will be enough to persuade QPR into selling as they are no doubt desperate to get the 33-year-old’s £70,000-a-week wages off their books.
The Mirror newspaper claims that Cesar is keen on making the move to Arsenal as he would prefer to remain in London where his family is settled, rather than return to Italy with Napoli and Roma both understood to be interested.
I feel the signing of Cesar would be an excellent piece of business and hopefully we can get this one tied up as soon as possible. His experience would be a welcome addition to the squad and hopefully he could push Wojciech Szczesny to another level.
He would also be a real bargain if we could pick him up for just £1.5million. Fingers crossed this one happens.
Check out more Arsenal Transfer News
Do you think Cesar would be a good addition?