- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
Barcelona To Raid Arsenal AGAIN? Or Is It Chelsea’s Turn?
According to reports in Spain, Barcelona have shortlisted Arsenal’s Jack Wilshere as a potential replacement for Thiago Alcantara – who’s expected to complete his move to Manchester United this week.
Alcantara looks to be heading to Old Trafford for a bargain £15m after Barca allowed his release clause to drop from £66m by not playing him in a certain percentage of games last season.
The silly Spaniards have now put together a six-man shortlist of potential replacements for the 22-year-old and according to Spanish newspaper El Mundo Deportivo, Wilshere is one of the players under serious consideration.
While we had very little choice but to sell to Barca when they came calling for the likes of Petit, Overmars, Henry, Hleb and Fabregas in the past, we are in a much stronger position with Wilshere. Not only does he love the club, but he signed a new long-term contract just 7 months ago and has showed no signs of wanting to leave.
So if the La Liga champions come calling again this summer to enquire about our-Jack, I think it will be a fairly straight-forward ‘NO’ this time around.
Also on their list is Chelsea’s Juan Mata. While the attacker has recently come out and denied speculation suggesting he could be set to leave the Blues, I think the Chelsea fans should have more to worry about than us if Barcelona make an approach for their man.
Mata is Spanish and it wouldn’t be easy for him to turn down the mighty Barcelona. Perhaps Mata has Barca DNA as well? I personally still think he’ll be at Stamford Bridge next season, but there’s far more chance of him moving to the Nou Camp than Wilshere this summer.
Also on their hit-list are Ajax’s Christian Eriksen, Borussia Dortmund’s Ilkay Gündoğan, Athletic Bilbao’s Ander Herrera and Fiorentina’s Borja Valero. Eriksen would be a great signing IMO, how about we make a move for him, Arsene?
Check out more Arsenal transfer news
Would you be worried if Barcelona made a move for Wilshere? Who would you like Wenger to sign this summer?