- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
- 6 Arsenal players named in the Champions League Team of the Week
- [Tweets] Ozil, Ox & more: Arsenal players celebrate after CL win
- [Video] Mesut Ozil arrives home with his hat-trick match ball
- Ratings: Hat-trick hero Ozil shines as Arsenal thrash Ludogorets
- Video: Arsenal 6-0 Ludogorets: Ozil bags hat-trick in rout
- Teams: Arsenal v Ludogorets: Gibbs & Coquelin start
- [Tweet] Arsenal ace ‘can’t wait’ to play as he closes in on comeback
Arsenal And Chelsea Linked With Fresh Move For Jovetic
As things continue to drag on concerning the ‘imminent’ arrival of Gonzalo Higuain at the Emirates, Arsenal have been tipped to renew their interest in Fiorentina striker Stevan Jovetic after his move to Juventus stalled.
The Daily Star are one of several media outlets who’re reporting that we may still be interested in signing the talented Montenegro international this summer, even if we do end up landing Higuain.
The 23-year-old has been linked with Arsenal, Chelsea, Juventus and Real Madrid in recent weeks but he seemed destined to move to Turin after the Serie A champions made their move a couple of weeks ago.
However, while negotiations have taken place with Juve, according to general director Giuseppe Marotta, it seems the clubs ‘difficult’ relationship is holding up any deal.
“A lot has been said about Jovetic but difficulties in our relationship has made any deal difficult.
“At the moment I don’t think it will be possible, but a lot could happen between now and the beginning of September.” Marotta said.
Fiorentina chief executive Sandro Menucci has dismissed suggestions they are refusing to do business with Juve, saying:
“From the financial perspective, we’re not excluding any team.” Menucci said.
However, the hold up is understood to have alerted Arsenal and Chelsea, with the Star claiming we’re now set to go head-to-head with our London rivals over the strikers signature.
Arsene Wenger is a known admirer of the players but I really can’t see him splashing out £20+m on Higuain, then a similar fee again on Jovetic. It’s one or the other for me, and right now it certainly seems like we’re closer to signing Higuain than Jovetic.
So while the media may claim we’re going to renew our interest in him, I only feel that will happen if the Higuain deal collapses at the last minute. But you just never know in football….
Check out more Arsenal transfer news
Do you think we should try and sign both Higuain and Jovetic? Would Wenger spend over £40m on two strikers?