Quantcast

Wenger’s team news update: Duo to return, 2 others ruled out

By on April 14, 2017

Laurent-Koscielny arsenal

Arsene Wenger has been speaking to the media this morning and has given the latest team news ahead of our trip to Middlesbrough on Monday night.

The boss confirmed that Laurent Koscielny could be back in contention as the centre-back is due to resume full training with the rest of the squad today after recovering from an Achilles injury.

The French international picked up the injury during our draw with Manchester City last month and has been forced to miss the last three games but he has a good chance of being involved on Monday.

There was also some positive news on Petr Cech with the goalkeeper expected to be back in the squad to face Boro after recovering from a calf injury that’s kept him on the sidelines in recent weeks.

Our No.1 suffered the injury against West Bromwich Albion last month but Wenger says he has an 80 per cent chance of returning for the trip to the Riverside Stadium.

However, David Ospina remains unavailable as he continues to recover from a back injury that’s kept him out for the last two games so Emiliano Martinez should retain his place in the squad.

We’ll also continue to be without Lucas Perez as Wenger says the striker is still nursing a thigh injury that’s kept him on the sidelines for some time.

Here is what Wenger told reporters this morning:

Loading...

One Comment

  1. Pingback: Arsenal Fanatik » Wenger’s team news update: Duo to return, 2 others ruled out | Arsenal Station

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *