- Arsenal boss claims Sanchez will sign new deal + Ozil update
- Arsenal well positioned to secure £50m deal for 31-goal hitman
- Key duo recalled in 3-4-3: My Arsenal starting XI vs Leicester
- [Photos] Double injury boost as Arsenal duo train ahead of Leicester
- Arsenal battling to sign £33m Ligue 1 star
- Team news: Wenger offers injury update on Oxlade-Chamberlain
- Arsenal to make £20m bid for Bundesliga midfielder [Mirror]
- Leicester suffer triple injury blow ahead of Arsenal clash
- Arsenal star left Wembley on crutches following FA Cup win
- [Tweets & Photos] Ozil, The Ox & more celebrate on Twitter after beating City
Video: Reading 2-5 Arsenal: Sanogo scores hat-trick for U23s
Yaya Sanogo scored the ‘perfect’ hat-trick as Arsenal’s under-23’s beat Reading U23’s 5-2 at Hogwood Training Ground this afternoon.
Sanogo has been something of a forgotten figure at Arsenal in recent times as several niggling injuries have seen his career halted in it’s tracks.
The French youngster showed signs of potential during his early years at the club following his arrival from Auxerre but he failed to progress during loans at Ajax or Charlton and it now plying his trade with the under-23 team.
However, the 24-year-old showed glimpses of his potential again this afternoon as Sanogo scored the ‘perfect’ hat-trick to help Arsenal’s U23’s come from 2-0 down to beat Reading 5-2.
After Mathieu Debuchy has made it 2-1, Sanogo headed home the equaliser before tapping home with his right foot for 2-3 midway through the second half.
Connor Bramall made it 2-4 shortly after before Yaya completed his perfect treble by finding the far bottom corner with a left-footed effort in the 71st minute.
It’s good to see the lad scoring some goals but I think he’s probably found his level. Reserve team football. As he’s nowhere near good enough for the first team.
Check out Sanogo’s goals here:
✅ Right foot
✅ Left foot
— Arsenal FC (@Arsenal) April 10, 2017