- Arsenal to make £20m bid for Bundesliga midfielder [Mirror]
- Leicester suffer triple injury blow ahead of Arsenal clash
- Arsenal star left Wembley on crutches following FA Cup win
- [Tweets & Photos] Ozil, The Ox & more celebrate on Twitter after beating City
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Gabriel & Holding superb
- Video: Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Sanchez fires Gunners to final
- Teams: Arsenal v Man City: Wenger sticks with 3-4-3
- 23-year-old international ‘will join Arsenal’ this summer [Mirror]
- Preview: Arsenal v Man City, attacker returns, Gibbs to start + prediction
- Key trio recalled in 3-4-3: My Arsenal starting XI vs Man City
[Teams] Danny Welbeck makes surprise start for Arsenal U23’s
Arsenal striker Danny Welbeck has been surprisingly included in under-23 team that takes on Leicester City u23’s at Holmes Park this afternoon.
I fully expected Welbeck to be involved with the first team during our FA Cup clash with Sutton United tomorrow night. However, it looks as though that’s unlikely now that he’s starting for the U23’s this afternoon.
I have no idea why Arsene Wenger is holding Welbeck back as he’s barely featured since scoring a hat-trick against Southampton last month.
It’s a strange decision for Danny to play for the U23’s today rather than the first team tomorrow. Perhaps Wenger is going with his strongest line-up against Sutton? Or maybe he’s just worried about Welbeck playing on their artificial pitch so soon after recovering from his knee injury?
Anyway, hopefully Welbeck puts in a solid performance today. Here are the teams:
Keto, Johnson, Bramall, Da Silva, Olowu, Sheaf (c), Malen, Nelson, Welbeck, Dragomir, Willock.
Subs: Nketiah, Huddart, Mourgos, Kamara, Da Graca.
Iversen, Johnson, Moore (c), Knight, Pascanu, Ndukwu, Hammond, Kaba Sherif, Watts, Muskwe, Uche.
Subs: Debayo, Yates, Wood, Mitchell, Dewsbury-Hall.