- Leicester suffer triple injury blow ahead of Arsenal clash
- Arsenal star left Wembley on crutches following FA Cup win
- [Tweets & Photos] Ozil, The Ox & more celebrate on Twitter after beating City
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Gabriel & Holding superb
- Video: Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Sanchez fires Gunners to final
- Teams: Arsenal v Man City: Wenger sticks with 3-4-3
- 23-year-old international ‘will join Arsenal’ this summer [Mirror]
- Preview: Arsenal v Man City, attacker returns, Gibbs to start + prediction
- Key trio recalled in 3-4-3: My Arsenal starting XI vs Man City
- Arsenal face fight with Liverpool to land £50m star
Arsenal to make move for £30m Premier League winner
According to the Daily Star, Arsenal are set to launch a move for Kasper Schmeichel this summer with the £30m-rated goalkeeper tipped to leave Leicester City if they go down.
Question marks have been asked over Petr Cech this season and there were rumours he could be axed following his mistake during our 3-1 defeat at Chelsea earlier this month.
The Czech legend kept his place against Hull on Saturday and put in a decent display to help secure a 2-0 win but rumours continue that Arsenal are looking to bring in a new No.1 this summer.
Several names have been linked in recent weeks but the latest is Kasper Schmeichel with the Daily Star claiming that we’re lining up a move for the £30m-rated Danish international at the end of the season.
Schmeichel was superb during the Foxes title-winning campaign but like many of his team mates, he’s seen his form drop this season with Leicester now sitting just one point above the drop zone.
Claudio Ranieri previously insisted that Schmeichel wouldn’t be sold amid reports that Liverpool were eyeing a January swoop but that could all change should they get relegated to the Championship.
Schmeichel is still under contract until 2021 but no doubt the 30-year-old would want to remain in the top flight and the Star suggests that Arsenal will join Liverpool and Man City in trying to land him this summer.
Personally, I don’t think Schmeichel is good enough for Arsenal and we should be aiming higher if we’re to replace Cech at the end of the season.
My choice would be Jan Oblak of Atletico Madrid but no doubt the Spaniard’s would be desperate to keep him so the Slovenia international would be extremely difficult to sign.