- Leicester suffer triple injury blow ahead of Arsenal clash
- Arsenal star left Wembley on crutches following FA Cup win
- [Tweets & Photos] Ozil, The Ox & more celebrate on Twitter after beating City
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Gabriel & Holding superb
- Video: Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Sanchez fires Gunners to final
- Teams: Arsenal v Man City: Wenger sticks with 3-4-3
- 23-year-old international ‘will join Arsenal’ this summer [Mirror]
- Preview: Arsenal v Man City, attacker returns, Gibbs to start + prediction
- Key trio recalled in 3-4-3: My Arsenal starting XI vs Man City
- Arsenal face fight with Liverpool to land £50m star
[Video] Ian Wright: Wenger told me he’s ‘coming to the end’ at Arsenal
Ian Wright has caused a stir this evening after claiming that Arsene Wenger told him last night that he’s coming to the end at Arsenal.
Wenger’s future has been a hot topic of debate in recent weeks as his contract expires in June and he’s refused to be drawn on whether he’ll sign a new deal.
A two year extension is reportedly sitting on his table but a growing number of fans are calling for the Frenchman to step aside following our latest title collapse.
The newspapers reported this morning that there’s a growing feeling among the Arsenal board that Arsene will walk at the end of the season and have already began enquiries over possible replacements, with Max Allegri a front-runner.
Now, Arsenal legend Ian Wright has perhaps revealed the biggest hint yet that Wenger will leave this summer after claiming that the boss told him last night that his time at the club is coming to an end.
Wright made the claim on his BBC 5 live talk show, which you can listen to below:
“I was with the boss last night and if I am going to be totally honest, I get the impression that that’s it,”
“I was with him for a few hours last night and we were talking. Obviously he didn’t say to me I am leaving at the end of the season.
“I just get the impression looking at him that’s it. He actually mentioned when we were talking last night that he’s coming to the end.
“I have never heard him say that.”
— FK³ (@fkhanage) February 10, 2017
Understandably Wright’s comments have got Arsenal fans talking on social media and it’s safe to say the responses are ‘mixed’.
I’ve said for a while now that I hope Arsene clarifies his future soon as the uncertainty isn’t doing anyone any good. If he is to leave, which I think is the right decision, then he should come out now and give the club time to find a replacement.
I also think the fans would unite to give the boss the send off he deserves.