- Arsenal to make £20m bid for Bundesliga midfielder [Mirror]
- Leicester suffer triple injury blow ahead of Arsenal clash
- Arsenal star left Wembley on crutches following FA Cup win
- [Tweets & Photos] Ozil, The Ox & more celebrate on Twitter after beating City
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Gabriel & Holding superb
- Video: Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Sanchez fires Gunners to final
- Teams: Arsenal v Man City: Wenger sticks with 3-4-3
- 23-year-old international ‘will join Arsenal’ this summer [Mirror]
- Preview: Arsenal v Man City, attacker returns, Gibbs to start + prediction
- Key trio recalled in 3-4-3: My Arsenal starting XI vs Man City
Wenger responds to Benzema links, refuses to rule out summer swoop
Arsene Wenger has responded to reports linking Arsenal with a move for Karim Benzema and refused to rule out a summer swoop for the Real Madrid hitman.
Benzema has long been linked with a move to Arsenal with speculation dating back over eight year when the striker was still in Ligue 1 with Lyon.
Once again, the newspapers have been linking the 29-year-old with a move to the Emirates today with the media suggesting that Benzema has been offered to us after falling out with Real boss Zinedine Zidane.
Predictably Arsene was quizzed about these reports at his pre-match press conference this morning ahead of our clash with Watford and while the boss confirmed he isn’t in the market for another striker this month, he didn’t rule out a potential move this summer.
Wenger is quoted as saying by Arsenal.com:
on why he has been linked with Karim Benzema again…
Because he’s French! Maybe there are some noises that he would leave Madrid, but as I just told you, there is no need for us to buy any strikers.
on whether he’d consider Benzema…
In the summer window? That’s not my worry at the moment. My worry is the next game against Watford.
We clearly aren’t going to buy anyone this month but our summer transfer plans are going to be influenced by A) whether Wenger stays or goes and B) whether Sanchez/Ozil sign new deals or not.
If Wenger stays and Sanchez doesn’t sign a new deal, then who knows, maybe we’ll renew our interest in Benzema but I personally think that ship has sailed.