- Revealed: When Wenger will announce his Arsenal future [report]
- [Video] Chile 3-1 Venezuela: Arsenal’s Sanchez scores stunner
- Huge update on Alexis Sanchez’s future at Arsenal
- Arsenal set to table formal bid for Euro 2016 winner
- Arsenal boss held talks with £52m midfielder in Paris hotel
- Arsenal tipped to pay buyout fee for international attacker
- Referee’s announced for Arsenal’s games vs Man City & West Ham
- Arsenal handed major injury boost ahead of Man City clash
- Arsenal legend responds to reports he’ll replace Arsene Wenger
- Wenger: Barca star ‘had agreement’ to join Arsenal
Arsenal keen on signing £52m-rated Portuguese attacker
The interlull is in full swing so I thought I’d bring you some transfer gossip with the Mirror reporting that Arsenal are interested in signing Porto striker Andre Silva.
The 20-year-old has emerged as one of the hottest properties in Portuguese football since breaking in to the Porto first team last season having starred for their B team and has already earned two caps for the senior Portuguese national team.
Silva has now become an integral part of the Porto side and has scored five goals in his seven Primeira Liga appearances so far while he’s also netted once in four Champions League outings.
The youngsters potential has alerted a whole host of clubs throughout Europe but it appears Arsenal are among the chasing pack as the Mirror claim that Arsene Wenger is keen to lure Silva to north London.
The newspaper says we sent scouts to watch the striker during Porto’s recent match against Leicester City but may have to pay a huge fee to persuade the Portuguese giants in to a sale as Silva signed a new five-year deal in the summer which saw his buyout fee increase to £52.8m.
I highly doubt Wenger would pay that kind of money for a young striker who’s yet to prove himself at any decent level so unless Porto are willing to accept a much lower figure, I personally don’t see any deal happening anytime soon.