- [Player Ratings] Sutton 0-2 Arsenal: Perez shines, Iwobi woeful
- Video: Sutton 0-2 Arsenal: Walcott books quarter final spot
- Teams: Sutton v Arsenal: Perez & Walcott start
- “He wants to leave Arsenal” – Agent confirms attacker wants out
- Preview: Sutton v Arsenal: trio ruled out, teenager starts + prediction
- Arsenal on red alert after Spanish attacker drops move hint
- Man Utd eyeing audacious £30m swoop on Arsenal
- FA Cup Draw: Arsenal or Sutton to face Lincoln in last 8
- Confirmed: Arsenal star reveals he’ll miss FA Cup clash with Sutton
- [Photos] Arsenal duo snapped in training together following ‘bust-up’ reports
23-year-old to start for Arsenal v Hull but attacker ruled out
According to Goal, Granit Xhaka will start Arsenal’s match against Hull City this afternoon but Olivier Giroud has been ruled out of the game with a toe injury.
After starring during our 3-1 win at Watford before the international break, Xhaka has been left out of the starting eleven for our last two matches with Arsene Wenger opting to go with Francis Coquelin alongside Santi Cazorla.
However, Goal claim that the boss is now ready to recall the Swiss international for our trip to the KCOM Stadium this afternoon with Xhaka set to make his third start since joining the club in the summer.
We’ll have to wait and see who plays alongside the 23-year-old but as I said in my preferred starting eleven article, I’d like to see Mohamed Elneny given a start as well but it’s unlikely Wenger will change both his midfielders today.
It’s going to be interesting to see who starts up front too as Goal claim that Giroud has been ruled out of the Hull game due to a toe injury that he picked up during the draw at Paris Saint-Germain on Tuesday night.
Giroud was introduced as a second half substitute in the Champions League game and was sent off late on following a clash with Marco Verratti but it’s not clear when he picked up the injury during his 25 minute cameo.
The French international was able to train yesterday but Goal claim he was still in discomfort so the decision was taken not to risk him against Hull.
Alexis Sanchez started up front against PSG but it doesn’t work for me as he’s much more effective out wide so hopefully Lucas Perez is given another chance to impress this afternoon.