- [Tweets & Photos] Ozil, The Ox & more celebrate on Twitter after beating City
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Gabriel & Holding superb
- Video: Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Sanchez fires Gunners to final
- Teams: Arsenal v Man City: Wenger sticks with 3-4-3
- 23-year-old international ‘will join Arsenal’ this summer [Mirror]
- Preview: Arsenal v Man City, attacker returns, Gibbs to start + prediction
- Key trio recalled in 3-4-3: My Arsenal starting XI vs Man City
- Arsenal face fight with Liverpool to land £50m star
- Euro giants accept Arsenal’s £25m attacker bid – reports
- Arsenal ready swoop for £30m Serie A attacker, player wants PL move
23-year-old to start for Arsenal v Hull but attacker ruled out
According to Goal, Granit Xhaka will start Arsenal’s match against Hull City this afternoon but Olivier Giroud has been ruled out of the game with a toe injury.
After starring during our 3-1 win at Watford before the international break, Xhaka has been left out of the starting eleven for our last two matches with Arsene Wenger opting to go with Francis Coquelin alongside Santi Cazorla.
However, Goal claim that the boss is now ready to recall the Swiss international for our trip to the KCOM Stadium this afternoon with Xhaka set to make his third start since joining the club in the summer.
We’ll have to wait and see who plays alongside the 23-year-old but as I said in my preferred starting eleven article, I’d like to see Mohamed Elneny given a start as well but it’s unlikely Wenger will change both his midfielders today.
It’s going to be interesting to see who starts up front too as Goal claim that Giroud has been ruled out of the Hull game due to a toe injury that he picked up during the draw at Paris Saint-Germain on Tuesday night.
Giroud was introduced as a second half substitute in the Champions League game and was sent off late on following a clash with Marco Verratti but it’s not clear when he picked up the injury during his 25 minute cameo.
The French international was able to train yesterday but Goal claim he was still in discomfort so the decision was taken not to risk him against Hull.
Alexis Sanchez started up front against PSG but it doesn’t work for me as he’s much more effective out wide so hopefully Lucas Perez is given another chance to impress this afternoon.