- “I’m happy in London” – Sanchez offers huge update on Arsenal future
- Arsenal star to be given fitness check ahead of Man City clash
- Revealed: When Wenger will announce his Arsenal future [report]
- [Video] Chile 3-1 Venezuela: Arsenal’s Sanchez scores stunner
- Huge update on Alexis Sanchez’s future at Arsenal
- Arsenal set to table formal bid for Euro 2016 winner
- Arsenal boss held talks with £52m midfielder in Paris hotel
- Arsenal tipped to pay buyout fee for international attacker
- Referee’s announced for Arsenal’s games vs Man City & West Ham
- Arsenal handed major injury boost ahead of Man City clash
[Sky Sports] Arsenal in contact over surprise deal for Man City man
Sky Sports News are reporting that Yaya Toure’s agent has told them Arsenal are among the clubs who’ve expressed their interest in signing the out-of-favour Manchester City midfielder.
Toure has dropped down the pecking order at City following the arrival of Pep Guardiola and was left out of their Champions League squad for the group stages of the competition.
With just one year remaining on his contract, the midfielders agent Dimitri Seluk has confirmed Toure will leave City on a free transfer next summer and says there is plenty of interest being shown in the 33-year-old.
No doubt there is as Toure is a high profile player, but Seluk has surprisingly claimed that Arsenal are among the clubs who’ve expressed their interest in signing the Ivory Coast international next summer.
However, the agent feels any move to a Premier League rival is impossible and fully expects Toure to sign a pre-contract agreement with a foreign club in January.
Here is a video of the Sky Sports report where they confirm Arsenal’s interest:
— Sky Sports News HQ (@SkySportsNewsHQ) September 6, 2016
Seluk is also quoted as saying by Sky Sports:
“Yaya in January can sign a pre-contract agreement with clubs abroad. He will have many offers from clubs. China and America of course they want him but we will have a lot of offers from England and Europe.
“He is in very good shape, very good condition, I think he lost seven kilograms.
“Maybe that’s not good enough for Guardiola, but then Zlatan Ibrahimovic wasn’t good enough for him (at Barcelona).
As many of you will be aware, Toure was once on trial at Arsenal as a 20-year-old and even played in a friendly against Barnet but failed to sign for the club due to work permit difficulties, so we know Wenger is a long-term fan of the player.
But why on earth would he want to sign him at 34 years old? Toure was once a superb midfielder and was a key figure in City winning two Premier League titles but his best days are well and truly behind him.
We have a wealth of midfield options – to the extent we’ve been able to loan a player of Jack Wilshere’s quality – so I fail to see where Toure would fit in and with his wage demands, he’d be a very expensive substitute to have around.
Thankfully it sounds like Toure is heading back off to Europe at the end of the season….