- No Sanchez but Arsenal duo named in Premier League Team of the Week
- [Video] Alexis Sanchez confirms he’s ‘really happy’ at Arsenal
- Arsenal rocked: Wenger fears star’s season is over following surgery
- Preview: Swansea v Arsenal, team news, line-up & prediction
- Arsenal’s FA Cup clash selected for live TV, date & time confirmed
- [Photos] Injured duo join new signing in Arsenal training today
- Wenger confirms duo could leave Arsenal this month
- Arsenal star ruled out for 2 games after Wenger confirms setback
- Team news: Arsenal duo ruled out but key quartet return for Swansea
- Arsenal doing battle with Spurs to sign German attacker – reports
French midfielder drops hint at possible Arsenal move
According to a report in the Mirror, Paris Saint-Germain midfielder and long-term Arsenal target Adrien Rabiot has dropped a hint that he could he interested in moving to the Emirates after confirming he wants to play in England.
Rabiot is a name most of you should be familiar with as he’s been linked with a move to Arsenal for quite some time with Arsene Wenger believed to be a huge fan of the midfielder.
Rumours resurfaced leading up to the summer with the Mirror reporting earlier this year that Arsenal were ready to reopen negotiations with PSG over a potential deal after supposedly failing to agree terms last January.
The speculation died down after we signed Granit Xhaka, however, the Mirror are once again reporting today that Rabiot remains an Arsenal target and could still be heading to north London at some point in the future.
Rabiot has now dropped a hint that he could be open to the idea of joining Arsenal after confirming that he would love to play in the Premier League having enjoyed his time in England during a spell in Manchester City’s youth team back in 2008.
The 21-year-old is quoted as saying by the Mirror:
“I really liked my time in England and the life there, even outside of football,”
“I told myself that I will return one day. I have always had the desire to play in England, it is in me. The Premier League – that is football.”
Rabiot is a hugely talented midfielder so I’d love to see him join the club at some point but we have a wealth of talent in the middle of the park so we’ll have to make room before any move for the Frenchman was to happen.
Santi Cazorla turns 32 in a few months so I wouldn’t be surprised if this was his last season with Arsenal while Jack Wilshere’s long-term future at the club is in doubt following his loan move to Bournemouth so perhaps Rabiot could be lined-up as a replacement for either of those two.