- Wenger criticises Arsenal star after poor display v Burnley
- [Video] Arsenal boss pushes official in tunnel following sending off
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-1 Burnley: Xhaka flops, Sanchez shines
- Video: Arsenal 2-1 Burnley: Last Gasp Sanchez panenka pen wins it
- Teams: Arsenal v Burnley: Bellerin on bench, Gabriel starts
- Preview: Arsenal v Burnley, team news, Giroud out + prediction
- [Photos] Injured Arsenal man snapped back in training today
- “It’s possible” – World class Arsenal target drops hint over move
- Confirmed: FA announce key Arsenal star has signed new contract
- [Photo] Banner of Alexis Sanchez’s dogs installed at Emirates
Arsenal injury blow as midfielder ruled out for a month
According to the Telegraph, Aaron Ramsey has been ruled out for a month with the hamstring injury that he suffered during Arsenal’s 4-3 defeat to Liverpool on Sunday.
Ramsey was rushed back in to action after only returning to pre-season training two weeks ago following his exploits with Wales at the European Championship finals.
However, the gamble back-fired as the midfielder was forced off early in the second half against Liverpool after pulling up with a hamstring problem and was replaced by Santi Cazorla in the 61st minute.
Arsene Wenger said after the game they were waiting for the injury to be assessed before he’d know the full extent and it looks like the results are in as the Telegraph claim Ramsey has been ruled out for a month.
It means he’ll miss Saturday’s trip to Leicester as well as the game against Watford but luckily there is then an international break scheduled for the start of September where he’ll sit out Wales’ World Cup qualifier against Moldova.
As long as he doesn’t suffer any setbacks in his recovery, Ramsey will then be hoping to be in contention when we welcome Southampton to the Emirates on September 10th.
Obviously it’s a blow to lose him for any amount of time but fortunately Ramsey is only expected to miss two games, so it could have been a lot worse.
It is a concern that we’re already picking up injuries though as Alex Iwobi is still waiting to see how serious his thigh injury is that he picked up on Sunday while Gabriel and Per Mertesacker suffered serious injuries in pre-season.
Jack Wilshere also suffered a minor knee complaint but he was on the bench on Sunday and could be in contention to return this weekend now that Ramsey has been ruled out.