- No Sanchez but Arsenal duo named in Premier League Team of the Week
- [Video] Alexis Sanchez confirms he’s ‘really happy’ at Arsenal
- Arsenal rocked: Wenger fears star’s season is over following surgery
- Preview: Swansea v Arsenal, team news, line-up & prediction
- Arsenal’s FA Cup clash selected for live TV, date & time confirmed
- [Photos] Injured duo join new signing in Arsenal training today
- Wenger confirms duo could leave Arsenal this month
- Arsenal star ruled out for 2 games after Wenger confirms setback
- Team news: Arsenal duo ruled out but key quartet return for Swansea
- Arsenal doing battle with Spurs to sign German attacker – reports
Arsenal suffer injury blow as second player ruled out for a month
According to the Mirror, Arsenal have suffered a second injury blow in as many days with the news that Alex Iwobi has been ruled out for a month with a thigh problem.
Iwobi started during our Premier League opener against Liverpool on Sunday afternoon but was forced off early in the second half and replaced by Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain.
The 20-year-old attacker took to Twitter after we slumped to a shocking 4-3 defeat to confirm he had picked up a thigh strain and was praying it wasn’t anything serious.
However, the Mirror say that after undergoing tests, Iwobi has now been ruled out for around month meaning he won’t be back until the middle of September.
The Nigerian youngster will now miss Saturday’s trip to champions Leicester and next week’s clash at Watford before we split for the international break but the Mirror suggest Iwobi will hope to be back in contention to face Southampton next month.
We welcome the Saints to the Emirates on September 10th, in three-and-a-half weeks, so if he does make that match Iwobi will only have missed two games. While the injury is actually pretty well-timed due to the international break, it’s still a blow as Aaron Ramsey was also ruled out for around a month earlier this week.
Mesut Ozil, Laurent Koscielny and Olivier Giroud should be back in the squad this weekend but they have only been in training since last Monday and we’ve seen with Ramsey what can happen if we rush players back too soon.