- Arsenal star to be given fitness check ahead of Man City clash
- Revealed: When Wenger will announce his Arsenal future [report]
- [Video] Chile 3-1 Venezuela: Arsenal’s Sanchez scores stunner
- Huge update on Alexis Sanchez’s future at Arsenal
- Arsenal set to table formal bid for Euro 2016 winner
- Arsenal boss held talks with £52m midfielder in Paris hotel
- Arsenal tipped to pay buyout fee for international attacker
- Referee’s announced for Arsenal’s games vs Man City & West Ham
- Arsenal handed major injury boost ahead of Man City clash
- Arsenal legend responds to reports he’ll replace Arsene Wenger
Sanchez’s agent in talks with Juventus over £37.2m move – report
According to a report in the Express, Alexis Sanchez’s agent has been holding talks with Juventus over a potential £37.2m move away from Arsenal this summer.
Sanchez has just two years left on his current deal and while Arsenal are keen to tie him down to an extension, nothing has been signed as yet with further talks put on hold until later in the summer.
It’s led to speculation over his future at the Emirates and Juventus have once again been linked with a move for the 27-year-old as they look to strengthen their attack after Real Madrid activated Alvaro Morata’s buyback clause.
The Mirror are citing a report from Italian newspaper Tuttosport who claim that Sanchez’s agent, Fernando Felicevich, has been holding regular talks with Juve about a potential move to Turin.
The newspaper suggests that Sanchez is ‘intrigued’ by the prospect of playing for the Serie A champions and say that any deal could be worth just £37.2m – although they do acknowledge that Arsene Wenger is going to be extremely reluctant to sell.
I’m not sure what to make of this report as it’s entirely believable that Alexis’ agent has been speaking with Juve, as that’s just how modern day football works, and the attacker could be considering his future as he looked frustrated during the closing stages of the season.
I personally don’t think he’ll push for a move but that’s not to say he’s not keeping his options open. We’d be naive to think players like Sanchez don’t explore their options during the transfer window, especially as he’s only got two years left on his deal and will hold further talks over an extension later this summer.
However, the reported figure of £37.2m is ridiculously low figure for a player of Sanchez’s quality in today’s market. If Sadio Mane is worth around £35m and Romelu Lukaku is valued at £50m, then Sanchez must be worth £75m, but let’s pray that he decides to stay at Arsenal and sign a new deal as it would be a huge blow if he demands to leave this summer.
The attacker is currently on holiday after helping Chile retain the Copa America at the weekend – although Sanchez did post some worrying photos of his ankle injury yesterday so fingers crossed that’s nothing serious.