- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
Arsenal star named in England squad but duo miss out
Arsenal will have just one representative for England at Euro 2016 after Roy Hodgson named a provisional 26-man squad this morning.
Unsurprisingly, [to Arsenal fans anyway] Jack Wilshere has been included after returning to full fitness in recent weeks. Jack has missed practically the entire campaign but made his first start of the season against Aston Villa on Sunday.
Many opposition supports claim Wilshere doesn’t deserve to go to the Euro’s but when fit, he’s England’s best central midfielder. So he has to go. And he’ll also start.
Sadly, Theo Walcott’s demise is complete after he was left out of the squad in favour of former Tottenham winger Andros Townsend. It’s hard to make a case for Theo as he’s been woeful since the turn of the year and barely played any football.
Kieran Gibbs has also been overlooked with Hodgson opting for Danny Rose and Ryan Bertrand as his left-backs. Again, Gibbsy hasn’t played much this season after losing his place to Monreal but it’s a shame to see him miss out.
Obviously Danny Welbeck will miss the Euro’s after being ruled out for nine months with a knee injury while Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain is another who misses out through injury.
Here is the confirmed squad which will be cut to 23 at the end of the month: