- Arsenal boss lining-up big-money offer for Serie A hitman
- Arsenal star commits future to club after agreeing new contract
- Arsenal trio set to return + positive update on attacker
- Attacker hints at surprise move back to Arsenal
- No Sanchez but Arsenal duo named in Premier League Team of the Week
- [Video] Alexis Sanchez confirms he’s ‘really happy’ at Arsenal
- Arsenal rocked: Wenger fears star’s season is over following surgery
- Preview: Swansea v Arsenal, team news, line-up & prediction
- Arsenal’s FA Cup clash selected for live TV, date & time confirmed
- [Photos] Injured duo join new signing in Arsenal training today
Arsene Wenger admits he’s ‘worried’ over Welbeck injury
Arsene Wenger has admitted he’s ‘worried’ over the severity of Danny Welbeck’s injury after the forward limped out of Arsenal’s 2-2 draw at Manchester City on Sunday afternoon.
Welbeck suffered the injury in the 20th minute as he contested a ball with Bacary Sagna and replays showed the 25-year-old’s knee appear to jar against Sagna’s leg.
Danny tried to continue, but he lasted less than a minute before taking himself off and he looked devastated as he headed straight down the tunnel.
Wenger gave an initial update after the game and revealed that it looks as though Welbeck has damaged his lateral meniscus – which is the cartilage that protects the knee joint – and the boss admitted he’s concerned it could be another long-term injury which would ruled him out of the Euro’s.
Wenger told Sky Sports after the game:
“The first signs look like the lateral meniscus. He looks down and he’s not a guy who likes to go off,”
“I’m a bit worried. I don’t want to say about the Euros – let’s be a bit more optimistic.”
It would be a devastating blow if Welbeck has suffered another serious injury as he’s only recently returned from a 10-month absence after damaging knee ligaments back in April 2015.
He’s made a great impact since returning to action and I’m in no doubt he’d have made Roy Hodgson’s squad for this summers European Championships but Welbeck will now be sweating on scan results to see how bad his latest injury is.