- “It’s possible” – World class Arsenal target drops hint over move
- Confirmed: FA announce key Arsenal star has signed new contract
- [Photo] Banner of Alexis Sanchez’s dogs installed at Emirates
- Key man returns, Giroud out: My Arsenal XI vs Burnley
- Key update on Arsenal’s pursuit of Serie A star, £36m deal agreed
- Wenger speaks out on reported interest in world class attacker
- Arsenal in talks over signing of Ligue 1 attacker
- Arsenal boss confirms star has signed deal until 2018
- Arsenal boss confirms quadruple injury boost but attacker ruled out
- Midfield ‘hardman’ reveals reason behind failed Arsenal move
Arsenal given green light to sign PL hitman but Man Utd also keen
According to the Daily Star, Arsenal have been given the green light to sign Odion Ighalo this summer after Watford decided to cash-in on the striker but we’ll face stiff competition from Manchester United.
Arsene Wenger is being tipped to spend heavily in the transfer market this summer after watching his side blow our best chance to win the Premier League in over a decade.
A new striker has been needed ever since Robin van Persie left four years ago and it looks as thought the boss is finally ready to oblige with a whole host of top names being linked with a move this summer.
One such player is Odion Ighalo and the Daily Star claim that we’ve now been given the go-ahead to pursue the striker after Watford decided they’d cash-in on the Nigerian international at the end of the season.
Ighalo scored 20 goals during his debut season with Watford to help fire them to promotion from the Championship last year and he enjoyed an excellent start to life in the Premier League after scoring 14 goals during the first half of the season.
The 26-year-old has struggled to replicate that sort of form in front of goal since the turn of the year with Ighalo managing just 3 goals his 21 appearances in 2016, but that doesn’t appear to have put off Arsenal.
It remains to be seen whether Wenger will decide to follow up his interest with a formal move but the Daily Star claim that we’ll face stiff competition from Man Utd as they are also understood to be keen on the striker.
I personally hope we pass on Ighalo as I think we need someone a lot better if we’re to really establish ourselves as serious contenders for major trophies and I haven’t seen much in the player to suggest he’s any better than what we already have.
For me, Arsene should be going all out for a world class striker like Benzema, Aubameyang or Lewandowski this summer and not settling for an average Premier League striker like Ighalo.
The Nigerian has previous admitted he’d jump at the chance of moving to Old Trafford so let’s hope United have a serious interest in the player….