- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
- Team News: Arsene Wenger offers update on Ramsey & Giroud
- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
Transfer News: Euro giants make enquiry over Arsenal super star
According to the Mirror, Bayern Munich have stepped-up their interest in Alexis Sanchez by making ‘discreet enquiries’ about his availability this summer.
Sanchez was outstanding during his debut season at the club following his move from Barcelona in 2014 having scored 25 goals and set up 12 more to help us retain the FA Cup.
The 27-year-old has struggled to replicate that form with injuries hampering his progress this season – although he’s still chipped in with a healthy 16 goals and 11 assists in his 38 appearances so far.
But with Arsenal throwing away an excellent chance to win the Premier League, the inevitable speculation surrounding the future’s of our star players is intensifying with Sanchez the subject of interest from Bayern.
The German champions have been linked with Sanchez in recent weeks and it appears they’ve stepped-up their interest with the Express claiming that Bayern officials have made ‘discreet enquiries’ over his availability this summer.
The paper says that Munich are ready to ‘pounce’ if Arsenal give them any encouragement that a deal could be done with in-coming boss Carlo Ancelloti seemingly a big fan of our Chilean super star.
Arsenal will no doubt be desperate to keep hold of Sanchez and are actively trying to tie him down to a new deal but we may have to start worrying if an extension isn’t signed over the coming weeks.
Alexis has two years left to run on his current deal but it would be a big risk to let him start next season without signing a new deal as his value would drop dramatically if we reached next summer without an extension being signed.
So this summer is going to be pivotal in determining Sanchez’s future. Hopefully he will agree to sign a new deal but if he doesn’t commit his future to Arsenal, we may be forced to cash-in this summer while his value is still high, with Bayern a tempting proposition for the player.