- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Sanchez misses out but Arsenal duo named in PL Team of the Week
Arsenal duo Laurent Koscielny and Hector Bellerin have been named in the WhoScored Premier League Team of the Week but Alexis Sanchez somehow missed out.
The defensive pair were both in excellent form once again this weekend as we kept our faint Premier League title hopes alive with a 4-0 victory over Watford at the Emirates.
Bellerin continued his superb form this season with another fine display at right-back and the Spanish youngster even managed to get himself on the score-sheet after his deflected effort shortly after half-time made it 3-0.
Hector’s all-action performance down the right flank earned him a WhoScored? rating of 8.52 – which was the best of any defender in the league this past weekend – so he booked his place in the Team of the Week.
Bellerin was joined in the back four by Gunners team mate Koscielny after the Frenchman’s rock solid display against the Hornets earned him a score of 8.16.
We had plenty of stand-out performers on Saturday and Alex Iwobi was unlucky to miss out on a place in the TOTW after his goal-scoring display earned him a score of 8.4.
However, if Iwobi was unfortunate to come up short, I have no explanation as to why Alexis Sanchez wasn’t included as the Chilean got a score of 9.00 for his display against Watford, which was easily good enough to see him named in the Team of the Week.
But for some unknown reason, the guys at WhoScored decided to leave Alexis out of their line-up with Lanzini, Dembele, Coutinho, Aguero and Mbokani all getting the nod despite having lower scores.
Perhaps it was an admin error and not an anti-Arsenal conspiracy!
Here is the full line-up: