- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
Arsenal submit formal bid to sign Foxes defender
According to the Mirror, Arsenal have tabled a fresh offer for Leicester City defender Ben Chilwell.
The 19-year-old was strongly linked with a move to the Emirates last summer when the Mirror claim we saw an opening £3m offer rejected by the Foxes.
Arsene Wenger has continued to monitor the teenager this season and the newspaper says we’ve now renewed our interest with an improved bid – although they don’t state exactly how much we’ve put on the table this time.
Leicester are keen to tie Chilwell down to a new contract but the report claims that Arsenal are hoping to lure him to North London and want to get a deal wrapped-up this month.
Liverpool and Manchester City are also thought to be showing an interest in the youngster but it looks like we’re in the driving seat if he does decide to leave Leicester this month.
Chilwell is a specialist left-back who broke in to the Leicester first team earlier this season and spent a couple of months on loan with Huddersfield recently. He’s tipped to be a real star of the future and has already represented England at youth level from U18 to U20.
Nacho Monreal has just signed a new contract with us and he’s established himself as our No.1 left-back so I can’t see him being replaced any time soon. However, if we were to bring Chilwell in this month it would surely call in to question the long-term future of Kieran Gibbs.
The 26-year-old is barely getting a game these days and he will no doubt consider leaving this summer in search of regular first team football, so perhaps Arsene is eyeing Chilwell as a replacement for Gibbsy.
Let’s see how Leicester respond to this reported second bid but Chilwell could become our second major signing of the winter if we can get a deal agreed.