- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
Arsenal set to table £13.4m attacker bid – reports
Spanish outlet Mundo Deportivo are reporting that Arsenal are set to step up their interest in Celta Vigo forward Nolito by trigger his £13.4m buy-out clause.
Arsene Wenger is expected to wrap-up the signing of FC Basel midfielder Mohamed Elneny over the coming days but it looks like his spending might not stop there.
The boss has hinted at further arrivals before the end of the month and according to Mundo Deportivo, he’s set his sights on Celta Vigo attacker Nolito.
The Spaniard has long been linked with a move to the Emirates and the newspaper claims that we’ll finally formalise our interest by tabling an offer worth £13.4m – which would be enough to trigger the 29-year-old’s buy-out clause.
Nolito has been in fine form this season after scoring 8 goals and providing 5 assists in 15 games and it’s also led to interest from La Liga champions Barcelona in recent weeks.
Celta have been trying to tie him down to a new deal but the forward is yet to put pen-to-paper and if these reports are accurate, then it appears Barca’s interest could be forcing Wenger in to action.
Any potential deal is still a long way off but Nolito would be a very useful player to have in the squad if we were able to lure him to North London this month as he’s capable of playing anywhere across the front three positions.
However, I have my doubts about the validity of these latest reports. Don’t get me wrong, I’d like to see Nolito join Arsenal this month as he’d be a great signing for the second half of the season, but just don’t think we’ll see the boss bring in another attacker this month.