- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
Arsenal close to agreeing deal for midfield duo – report
It looks like Arsenal could be about to strengthen their youth ranks as ESPN claim we’re close to agreeing deals to sign Nigerian youngsters Kelechi Nwakali and Samuel Chukwueze.
The duo have been linked with a whole host of top European clubs in recent months after impressing during the FIFA U17 World Cup where they helped Nigeria lift the trophy in Chile last year.
The likes of Manchester City and Bayern Munich have been strongly linked with the exciting midfielders but it looks as though Arsenal could be about to win the race for their signatures.
According to ESPN, we’re in pole position to sign the pair and are close to agreeing deals to bring them to the Emirates Stadium this month with talks understood to be at an advanced stage.
Chukwueze is a 16-year-old midfielder and is tipped to have a bright future ahead of him but it’s Nwakali who could be regarded as the more exciting prospect of the two.
The 17-year-old is an attacking central midfielder and was named as player of the tournament at the U17 World Cup, so it would be something of a coup if we could lure him to North London.
We’ll have to see if we can get the deals over the line but hopefully we’ll see Nwakali and Chukwueze join Mohamed Elneny – who’s expected to join from FC Basel – arrive at the Emirates this month.