- Arsenal team news: double blow ahead of Sunderland + Ramsey update
- Duo to miss key game: My 4-2-3-1 Arsenal line-up v Sunderland
- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
27-goal striker rules out Arsenal move amid reports of £44.7m bid
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has ruled out joining Arsenal amid reports we’ve tabled a mammoth £44.7m bid for the Borussia Dortmund striker.
Aubameyang has been strongly linked with a move to the Emirates in recent months and the speculation intensified after he missed training with Dortmund earlier this week.
His absence came around the same time that the Metro carried a report from a Spanish journalist called Kike Marin who claimed that Arsenal had submitted a €60m offer – which equates to around £44.7m.
However, it looks like our pursuit may prove to be futile as Aubameyang has now publicly ruled out the possibility of moving to the Emirates Stadium this month.
When speaking after being announced as the African Footballer of the Year last night, the 26-year-old said he had no interest in joining Arsenal and he didn’t see himself leaving Dortmund any time soon.
‘I don’t want to go to Arsenal. I won’t leave Dortmund soon,’ Aubameyang is quoted as saying by the Metro.
So there we have it. Aubameyang has categorically ruled out joining Arsenal. Does this mean it will be the end of the speculation? Certainly not. But I think it’s a good indicator that a transfer won’t happen this month.
I never got my hopes up anyway as pulling off his signing mid-season was always highly unlikely. However, I’d love to see Aubameyang join the club in the summer.
He’s one of the best forwards in European football right now and has scored 27 goals in 27 games for Dortmund this season. Can you imagine how dangerous he’d be playing in front of the likes of Mesut Ozil and Alexis Sanchez?!
I hope Arsene makes him his No.1 priority in the summer. We have the money to force Dortmund in to a sale, so let’s try and make it happen….