- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
Wenger offers injury update on Sanchez ahead of Man City clash
Arsene Wenger has offered an update on the injury situation surrounding Alexis Sanchez ahead of our huge Premier League clash with Manchester City on Monday night.
Sanchez has been on the sidelines since suffering a hamstring problem during our 1-1 draw at Norwich City last month and has been forced to miss wins over Sunderland, Olympiakos and Aston Villa.
The 26-year-old has been back in Chile recuperating but returned to London Colney on Monday where he’s been slowly stepping-up his training regime with the hope of getting himself fit to face City.
Speaking at his pre-match press conference this morning, Arsene has now confirmed that while Alexis isn’t yet in full training, he is back running and is in with a chance of featuring on Monday night.
I’m sure Alexis will be doing everything in his power to get fit for the City game and I’d personally be surprised if he isn’t in the squad at the very least. If he doesn’t start then I expected him to be named on the bench.
The boss revealed that as well as Sanchez, there could be another player who makes his comeback against City and although he didn’t name and names, Mikel Arteta is probably the player in question.
The midfielder has been out with yet another calf injury in recent weeks but Arsene said last week that he was the next closest after Alexis to returning to fitness so perhaps we could see him in the squad on Monday too.
Here is what Arsene has been saying this morning:
— Arsenal FC (@Arsenal) December 17, 2015
Wenger says a "very slight chance" for Alexis to be in the squad. "He's running, not in full training."
— Rory Smith (@RorySmithTimes) December 17, 2015