- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
Wenger’s injury update on The Ox, Ramsey, Walcott, Coquelin & Arteta
Once again, it’s been another busy day of team and injury news at Arsenal HQ so I’ll bring you a round-up of all the latest updates from Arsene Wenger.
The boss held his pre-match press conference on Monday afternoon ahead of tomorrow’s Champions League clash with Dinamo Zagreb and he gave Arsenal.com a full team news update.
Unfortunately Arsene confirmed that Coquelin has been ruled out for at least two months after suffering knee ligament damage against West Brom on Saturday.
A definitive time-scale on his recovery isn’t known as yet but the midfielder is certain to miss the rest of 2015 and this being Arsenal, I wouldn’t be surprised if he wasn’t back playing again before March.
In another blow, Arteta is also out after picking up a calf injury so we’re left with Flamini as our only viable option in the defensive midfield role. Oh joy.
There is some positive news though as the boss confirmed that Ramsey was back in full training today and is available to take on Zagreb on Tuesday night. I personally wouldn’t risk him from the start but we’ll have to wait and see what the boss decides to do.
Arsene also revealed that Oxlade-Chamberlain will be back in contention when we travel to Norwich at the weekend so we’ll have another vital option in midfield and attack.
The next player to return will be Walcott but he’s still at least another week or two away as he continues to recover from a calf injury which he suffered last month.
Here is what the boss told Arsenal.com:
on team news…
Coquelin and Arteta are out. Arteta is short-term and Coquelin is longer. How big the damage is we don’t know but we will know for certain this [Monday] afternoon. Everyone from Saturday’s game is available and Ramsey is available.
on Coquelin’s injury…
It is at least a month. I’m a bit cautious as we have had so many bad surprises on the scans… but the team for the next few months will be without Coquelin.
on getting more injuries than most clubs…
It looks like that at the moment. I must say we have been hit very hard in November as until November and the Sheffield Wednesday game we had quite a good record and since then we lost a few players. But now we have Ramsey and for the weekend Oxlade-Chamberlain will be back as well. After that Walcott will be the next one. [As for] the players who have long-term injuries, basically some of them are from last season like Rosicky and Welbeck.