- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Wenger offers worrying injury update on key Arsenal duo
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has revealed some concerning injury news regarding Theo Walcott as the attacker is now expected to be out longer than team-mate Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain.
Both attackers were forced off early-on during our humiliating 3-0 defeat to Sheffield Wednesday in the Capital One Cup on Tuesday night with the Ox suffering a hamstring injury while Walcott picked up a calf problem.
Arsene told Arsenal.com on Thursday that both players were set for three weeks on the sidelines which would rule them out of our next three games against Swansea, Bayern Munich and Tottenham before returning after the next international break.
However, speaking at his press conference this morning the boss has now revealed that while Oxlade-Chamberlain should be back for the trip to West Brom in three weeks, it looks like Theo’s injury is worse than first thought.
Wenger is quoted as saying by Sky Sports:
“Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain will be back in action before Theo Walcott but both will be out until after the internationals,”
Reporter James Olley then quoted Arsene as saying:
Wenger on Ox and Walcott: "The gut feeling is one will be 20 days out, the other will be longer."
— James Olley (@JamesOlley) October 30, 2015
So it looks like Walcott is set for another spell on the sidelines and I’m sure I’m not the only one who’s a little worried about just how long he’ll be out for.
Our ‘three week’ injuries seem to turn into months these days so I wouldn’t be shocked if Theo doesn’t play again until Christmas time.
Let’s hope not as it would be a major blow to our title hopes. Fingers crossed we can get through the next three games, then the likes of Ramsey and Chamberlain should be available again. We’ll just have to wait for more information on Walcott….