- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
Team News Update: Wenger on Walcott, Ox, Ramsey, Ospina & Arteta
Arsene Wenger has given Arsenal.com a full team news and injury update ahead of our trip to Swansea City this weekend.
Unfortunately, the boss confirmed that Walcott and Oxlade-Chamberlain have been ruled out until after the upcoming international break.
The Ox picked up a hamstring injury during the opening minute of our Capital One Cup loss at Sheffield Wednesday on Tuesday night while Walcott was also forced off early on with a calf problem.
Reports in Thursday morning’s newspapers suggested that the duo were set to be sidelined for around three weeks and the boss has now confirmed this news to Arsenal.com.
Arsene said both players would have scans today so we still don’t know exactly how bad the injuries are, but they’ll be kept on the sidelines for at least our next three games against Swansea, Bayern Munich and Tottenham.
The pair will therefore join Ramsey, Ospina and Arteta on the treatment table but all five players will hopefully be available again after the international break.
Our injury curse has ripped through the squad once again and we’ve now got a huge void to fill on the right-wing. Arsene has confirmed he’ll select either Iwobi or Campbell so we’ll have to hope they are able to step up their game.
If we can somehow get through the next three matches with A) positive results and B) without picking up any more injuries it will be a minor miracle.
Here is what Arsene told the clubs website:
on Walcott, Oxlade-Chamberlain…
Nothing has changed since after the game. They are out but the scans are today – it’s 48 hours afterwards. We hope they are light injuries, but they are out until after the international break.
on Ramsey, Ospina, Arteta…
It’s the same for them. You plan for them all after the international break.