- Preview: Sunderland v Arsenal, duo ruled out, Ox starts + prediction
- Team News: Wenger on Walcott, Monreal, Cazorla, Ramsey & more
- Arsenal overlooked by Sky as date confirmed for EFL Cup clash
- [Photos] Arsenal injury doubt trains today but no sign of key duo
- Arsene Wenger: 3 key Arsenal players could miss Sunderland game
- Arsenal boss confirms huge injury blow but midfielder returns
- Arsenal team news: double blow ahead of Sunderland + Ramsey update
- Duo to miss key game: My 4-2-3-1 Arsenal line-up v Sunderland
- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
Arsenal boss confirms huge injury boost ahead of Watford clash
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has confirmed that Alexis Sanchez has come through the international break unscathed and will be available to take on Watford this weekend.
Sanchez picked up a groin injury during the latter stages of our 3-0 demolition of Manchester United earlier this month but was still allowed to join up with the Chile national team.
Their manager admitted that Alexis wasn’t 100% fit but he risked him in their World Cup qualifiers anyway, with Sanchez playing against both Brazil and Peru.
The Arsenal super-star showed no signs of discomfort as he notched three goals in those two games but the groin injury was still a concern for Arsene ahead of our trip to Vicarage Road on Saturday.
However, it appears Sanchez is confident he hasn’t aggravated the problem as the boss has confirmed the attacker has text him to say he’s OK.
The Arsenal medical team will assess his condition when he eventually makes it back to North London but as long as there isn’t any nasty surprises, Alexis should be passed fit to face Watford.
Here is what the boss told Arsenal.com:
From the internationals we only have positive news. We are still waiting for Campbell, Alexis and Ospina to return, but they all texted back to say they are OK, so we just have to see if they were objective in their assessment.
It was unprofessional of the Chile boss to gamble with Sanchez’s fitness like that but thankfully it doesn’t appear to have backfired. If there is any doubt over his groin, I would rest him at Watford, but let’s hope he’s deemed fit as he’s in stunning form right now.