- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
- Team News: Arsene Wenger offers update on Ramsey & Giroud
- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
Arsenal Transfer News: World Class Star Opens Up On Summer Move Talk
Arsenal target Mario Gotze has opened up about the speculation over his future last summer and unfortunately he insists he has no interest in leaving Bayern Munich.
Gotze was strongly linked with a move away from the Allianz Arena during the summer when both he and his agent quoted as saying he was unsettled due to Pep Guardiola’s perceived lack of trust in the player.
The Germany international is usually a regular with Bayern but for some reason Guardiola didn’t seem to start him in the big games and this led to rumours that Gotze could be seeking a move, with Arsenal among the clubs touted as potential suitors.
However, a move failed to materialise and now Gotze has spoken out about the summer speculation and says he should have acted quicker to commit his future to Bayern as he has no intention of leaving any time soon.
“I made my own mistakes but I’ve also had to withstand a lot of things that have been twisted. The last two years were certainly like a ripening process for me,”
“I feel very happy here, I am glad to be a Bayern player. I would love to be the face of Bayern, I’ve played a big role (for the club) in the first two years and I want to play an even greater part.
“I never dealt with a transfer, it’s quite possible that other clubs had interest but I had no interest in leaving Bayern.”
“The people probably thought ‘He signed for Bayern just because of the money. He’s not a good person’.
“Today I know, at the beginning of pre-season training in Munich I should have explained the transfer. I should have stated my sporting reasons to end all the speculation. It would all have ended if I’d done that but I didn’t and left room for interpretation.” [Source: Goal]
Whatever he’s saying now, Gotze was clearly making noises in the summer to make it clear he wasn’t happy with how he was being used by Guardiola.
I’m not saying he wanted to leave, but he was probably leaking stories to the press to put pressure on Bayern and his comments were meant to send a message to his boss; ‘play me in the big games or I’ll leave‘.
If he was to go, obviously I’d love to see him join Arsenal but I really don’t think we’ll see it anytime soon. Guardiola is probably leaving Bayern in the summer anyway so Gotze will hang around to see how he’s used by the new manager.