- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Arsenal Ready To Complete Surprise Signing Next Week – Reports
According to the Express, Arsenal are lining-up a surprise move for Olympiakos goalkeeper Roberto during the closing stages of the transfer window.
We’ve been very quiet so far in the market with Petr Cech our only significant new addition and the majority of the newspaper speculation has linked us with strikers or midfielders in recent weeks.
But the Express are citing a report which originates from Marca that claims Arsenal are eyeing another goalkeeper – this time Olympiakos stopper Roberto.
The newspaper suggests that Arsene Wenger is ready to pay £4.3m to trigger the 29-year-old’s buy-out clause and they even say a deal could be wrapped-up by next week.
It remains to be seen if that will be the case but it looks like Arsene is on the market for another keeper, which makes sense considering the players who’ve left recently.
Szczesny is obviously off on loan to Roma while Martinez just joined Wolves on loan leaving Ospina as our only experienced back-up to Cech. Therefore, we ideally need to bring in another option and it appears Roberto is on Arsene’s radar.
The Spaniard has been a busy boy during his career as he’s played for seven different clubs over the past nine years and only joined Olympiakos on a permanent basis from Atletico Madrid last summer.
He’d be a solid third choice but I’m a little surprised we’ve opted to go for him as I’m not convinced he’ll give up first team football in Greece to not even sit on our bench every week.